Beamly (formerly zeebox) launches today on iPhone, iPad, Android and the web with a new brand and a new app representing the state of the art of social television.
With the Beamly app, TV fans now have a single 24/7 destination where they can:
- Follow the shows and stars they love to get personalised news and social feeds – updated live
- Find and follow other fans to connect with around shared passions
- Chat and share in TV Rooms – Beamly’s social spaces for television, hosted by TV influencers, celebrities and passionate superfans
- Discover what to watch with Beamly’s super-smart personalised guide
- Interact live with their favourite shows via custom playalong games, contextual votes and more, all synched live to what’s on screen
“The rebrand to Beamly is a celebration of the huge development our app has been through since launching two years ago, originally as a simple program guide and synch experience,” says Ernesto Schmitt, CEO and co-founder. “The initial phase of social television and second screen was limited to apps providing a companion experience for audiences while watching TV. However, people’s emotional engagement with TV spans the whole day: they want to read up on stories about the shows and stars they love in the morning, discuss plotlines over the watercooler in the afternoon, and carefully plan what to watch in the evening – long before ever switching on the TV itself. While they watch, they want a great interactive experience that synchs with what’s on screen. And after the show is over, they want to chat and share socially with other fans.”