Informa Telecoms and Media, the organiser of TV Connect, the world’s leading connected entertainment event, today announced the winners of the TV Connect Awards 2014. The prestigious award ceremony was held at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly and celebrated excellence, innovation and achievements in the global IP, TV and connected entertainment markets.
The awards jury consisted in an eclectic mix of industry leaders and analysts including key representatives from the main telcos and service providers around the globe.
Winners at the TV Connect Awards 2014 included market leading players and the best new emerging talent in the connected TV industry. The awards ceremony reflected the best innovations and solutions in the connected entertainment market today recognising the most disruptive innovations from across the globe.
Joanna Jones, Events Director for TV Connect, Informa, commented: “The breadth and scope of the 2014 TV Connect Awards winners is testament to the immeasurable quality of the global IP, TV and connected entertainment markets, where high value solutions are coming from established and emerging players all across the globe.”
“I’d like to take this opportunity to congratulate the winners and all those who were nominated in the fourteen categories. The winners reflect the direction that the TV space is veering towards, television can no longer be put into a box and defined as a linear and passive experience. Contemporary television is an all-encompassing medium which provides us with limitless ways to consume and interact with content across any mobile enabled device.”
TV Connect Awards 2014 Winners:
- Best TV Experience Enhancement: MEO Kanal by Portugal Telecom
- Best Multiscreen Service: Virgin TV Anywhere by Virgin Media
- Best Multiscreen TV Solution: VCAS for Internet TV by Verimatrix
- Best Network Technology for IP TV & OTT TV: Conviva Precision by Conviva
- Best Service Delivery for IP TV & OTT TV : ARRIS Merchandiser by ARRIS Group
- Best TV App: Magine by Magine AB
- Best Consumer TV Device: Roku 3 by Roku
- Best TV On The Move Service: Ericsson LTE Broadcast solution by Ericsson
- Best Cloud or CDN Service Delivery: Cloud DVR by Alcatel-Lucent
- Best Live Online TV Service or Solution: Virgin TV Anywhere by Virgin Media.
- Best Digital Home Service Innovation: Amino Homereach by Amino
- Best Component or Enabler: HyppTV by Telekom Malaysia.