Following on from BT Sport’s recent announcement of an exclusive three-year deal to broadcast live Champions League and Europa League football matches, today a deal has been announced between BT Sport and and sntv, the sports video news agency. Henceforth, sntv will be providing the new sports broadcaster with some of the content for its various shows.
sntv’s content will be integrated with BT Sport’s own material. In addition to selecting from sntv’s 24/7 HD video news output, BT Sport works with sntv’s editorial team on additional material.
“As a new dedicated sports network we need breadth of coverage and sntv gives us this,” says Steve Norris, Head of Sports Rights, BT Sport. “sntv have expertise and a flexible approach to covering sports news.”
“BT Sport is a really exciting arrival for sports fans with an ambitious team looking to challenge the status quo,” adds Martin Kay, MD of sntv. “Our work with them is a great example of our ability to provide the best, most reliable and comprehensive sports news footage and a tailored service to meet our client’s precise needs.”
sntv BT news coverage will include:
- footage of training and press conferences
- breaking news such as the collapse of the stadium crane in São Paulo
- primarily football footage, especially Premier League and English teams in the Champions League and Europa League
- cricket including the current Ashes series
- rugby union including the Autumn internationals