Sean Combs’ music network REVOLT has unveiled its redesigned www.revolt.tv. REVOLT say that the web platform represents a step closer to Combs’ “vision for a multi-genre, multi-platform music experience that reaches fans around the world.” Following social design principles, the site presents content in a real-time, interactive newsfeed that syncs social media, on-air content and digital news, introducing a new category of social TV experiences.
“With revolt.tv we’ve created an immersive experience for music sharing and discovery that focuses on social media and user interaction rather than programming alone,” says Keith Clinkscales, chief executive officer of REVOLT. “Similar to the network, revolt.tv is living in ‘perpetual beta’—always improving for an evolving brand and advertising experience. REVOLT is partnering with select brands and is excited about creating special advertising content for brands on the channel.”
Aimed at attracting youth that “defy the notion of a first or second screen,” the site gives users access to news, music videos, show content, and social media conversations. REVOLT vice president of digital engineering Grant Koeneke stateS, “We are taking cutting edge technology and mixing it into the television broadcast world in order to bring the viewers and users interactively into television so they can all have a voice.”
“Working on REVOLT’s site was an incredible opportunity to design an experience that was social first and available on every screen,” says Conor Brady, chief creative officer at Huge. “It was a very rewarding experience to work so closely with the team at REVOLT on this challenge and we feel that together we’ve built a unique experience that compliments REVOLT’s vision for the future and will change the way people find and watch music and TV.”
Key features include:
- Social-inspired REVOLT feed: Real-time feed that integrates news, music videos, programming clips, social media updates and advertising
- Responsive design: Scaling across all screens for on-the-go consumption
- True multimedia experience: Always-on mini viewer allows TV Everywhere authenticated viewers to never stop watching the live network while consuming site content, exploring articles and participating in conversation.
- Multi-platform engagement: REVOLT-curated conversations with fans and artists move between the site, broadcast network and social media as REVOLT engages the audience from all platforms
- Non-traditional advertising integration: Non-traditional ad units, integrating advertisers into the news consumption experience
- Profiles: Ability to create a profile and have it build as you consume music videos and news
Major features will launch every few weeks through early 2014. REVOLT also announced they are developing a mobile application for iOS and Android users. The mobile apps are set to launch in January 2014.