Global Digital Media – The Dynamic Digital, IPTV and Smart TV Markets is an annual report on the global TV sector and incorporates insights, statistics, examples and trends. The report aims to identify the key issues and directions surrounding the progression of IPTV, Digital TV, Pay TV and internet-based online video services and mobile TV.
It explores the trends occurring in multi-play bundling and Over-The-Top (OTT) services. It features regional information across North America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
Key insights of the report include:
- Online video streaming already makes up the largest component of Internet traffic.
- In 2013 around two billion online videos are watched worldwide each month.
- In Latin America, Smart TV sales are expected to escalate in Brazil ahead of the forthcoming FIFA World Cup and Olympic Games.
- Improvements in broadband infrastructure drive IPTV implementations in Africa.
- Australia ranks as the highest percentage worldwide of those that download illegal digital content.
- On the back of Asia’s aggressive development and adoption of broadband internet, there has been a rapid expansion in IPTV services, mostly in a number the more developed markets.
- Growing fixed and mobile broadband penetration is driving IPTV and OTT initiatives in the Middle East.
- Media convergence in the USA has seen the steady merging of voice, video and data applications, including broadband, VoIP, digital and broadband TV (IPTV).
Complete report is available at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/291539.html.