Open source video platform Kaltura announced today that it has launched its Kaltura Native Mobile App, which is available now from the Apple Store and Google Play. Building on top of Kaltura’s HTML5 video player and optimal device delivery algorithms, organizations can now offer their users full access to their social video portal on any device, including viewing all forms of video, uploading of user-generated content, and additional, powerful, native mobile features for end users.
“Kaltura continues to deploy mobile video apps for its various products. This time we’re launching a dedicated video app for our industry leading MediaSpace ‘out-of-the-box video portal’ technology, that is in use by leading organizations and many millions of people globally,” says Ron Yekutiel, Kaltura Chairman and CEO. “A full-featured mobile app is a must-have extension to any organization’s video strategy – it allows users to stay connected on the go, while fostering even greater levels of engagement and interactivity.”
Key features of the Kaltura native mobile app include:
- Capture anywhere -upload video/audio/images into your video portal, with the ability to resume an incomplete upload and to choose between a Wi-Fi and 3G connection
- Offline playback – allows users to download videos for watching offline on-the-go anytime
- Mobile notifications – send users updates on live events, upcoming videos and more
- Live broadcasting from users’ mobile devices
- App Store presence and optional customized branding
- DRM & content controls for maximum security of content distribution
- All features complement the existing features in the Kaltura MediaSpace Technology.