MOST POPULAR

News

Russian Orthodox Church secures last place on the Russian DTT

The final place on Russia’s second DTT multiplex has been secured by Spas – a channel operated by the Russian Orthodox Church’s Moscow Patriarchate.

If that very venerable historical institution sounds like an unlikely player in the digital entertainment battleground, it still had to fend of competition from TV3 and Pyatnitsa (both of which are part of the ProfMedia group), as well as Dohzd (backed by Natalia Sindeeva).

Spas is majority (51%) owned by the Moscow Patriarchate, with Spas Media, belonging to Maxim Ivanov, holding the remaining 49% stake: the post was previously allocated to TV Center, which was moved to the first multiplex, and regional channels.

We welcome reader discussion and request that you please comment using an authentic name. Comments will appear on the live site as soon as they are approved by the moderator (within 24 hours). Spam, promotional and derogatory comments will not be approved

Post your comment

Facebook, Instagram and Sky case study: Game of Thrones

BT at IBC: 'unlocking the power of fibre IPTV'

IP&TV News tries out 4G Broadcast at the FA Cup Final

Thomas Riedl: “Google TV has evolved into Android TV”

Tesco and blinkbox: what went wrong?

Reed Hastings and 2030: is he right?

Loading IPTV Tweets ...

INTERVIEWS